Castle Hill Medical Centre is excited to offer patients a structured lifestyle program to promote optimal health and wellbeing, and reducing risk factors associated with being overweight.
HELP focuses on a holistic and individually customised program. We are all individuals and as such need a tailored healthy lifestyle program to ensure long term health benefits.
HELP is a nurse led clinic with regular GP visits that incorporate healthy diet and exercise education.
It provides food and exercise diaries, goal setting techniques, behavioural interventions, relapse prevention, measurements including blood pressure, waist circumference, weight / body composition analysis and appropriate blood tests.
We can also assist with possible medication reviews and referrals to Dietitians and/or Exercise Physiologists as required.
What is the Healthy Eating & Lifestyle Program
HELP is a structured approach to improved health outcomes that is managed within our General Practice. HELP is coordinated and run through our Preventative Health Nurse Department in partnership with General Practitioners.
- Designed to support you over a long period (2 years) so that the changes you make are sustainable and become second nature
- The program focuses on nutrition, physical activity and strategies to support lifestyle changes.
- A lifestyle change that will continue for the rest of your life.
Weight Loss Benefits
Even small reductions in weight can aid in:
- Reduction of systolic blood pressure • Reduction in risk of heart disease
- Improvement in symptoms of reflux
- Improved pain control from osteoarthritis
- Improved glycemic control
- Reduced symptoms of obstructive sleep apnoea
- Improvement in self-reported quality of life, self-esteem and depression.
Patients will have access to periodic Body Composition Analysis Technology which is a superior analysis method over measuring weight or Body Mass Index (BMI).
It will analyse:
- Body Fat %
- Body Fat Mass
- Fat Free Mass
- Muscle Mass
- Total Body Water %
- Total Body Water
- Bone Mass
- Visceral Fat Rating
- Metabolic Age
- Basal Metabolic Rate
- Physique Rating
HELP Appointments Schedule First Year:
Intensive Phase – first 3 months Fortnightly appointments with Nurse and periodic appointments with a General Practitioner.
Intermediate Phase – second 3 months 4-6 visits with nurse and GP appointment as required. Maintenance Phase – 3rd and 4th months
Relapse prevention Second Year – visits every 2 months
First year Initial sign up to Program & 1st quarter payment $200
Upfront 2nd quarter fee $100
Upfront 3rd – 4th quarter $150
Second Year Upfront fee $ 150