Who needs a medication review?
Are you taking 5 or more medications?
Manage your medications with a medication review.
Each year more than 140,000 Australians have to go to hospital with problems caused by their medication. Of these, 69% of cases could have been avoided with proper medication management.
You should have a Home Medication Review If?
- You have recently spent time in hospital
- You take more than five medicines a day
- Are concerned about your medicines
- Are confused about your medicines
- Do not always remember to take your medicines.
How much does it cost? – NOTHING
The pharmacist’s review and report is paid for by the Australian Government along with the consultation with the GP afterwards to discuss the report.
How a Home Medicine Review Can Help.
- Show you how to take your medicines correctly
- Explain why and when to take them
- Explain where they should be stored
- Explain what to expect when taking them
- Outline what problems you should report to the GP
- Check that prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines and vitamins are appropriate to take together
- Clarify any confusion with generic medicines
- Give you some help so you can remember to take your medicines
- Change your medicines where necessary.
How can you get yours?
Your Doctor can arrange for your referral at your next appointment and you can have one
on site at Castle Hill Medical Centre with our pharmacist on Mondays or Wednesdays.
We can also arrange for an authorized pharmacist to do a home visit.