Managing Employee Wellbeing from
Beginning to End
Let us help you to take care of your employees before injuries and sickness occur with our range of Workplace Health Services.
We also can assist with health screening of your potential employees prior to hiring to make sure you employ the right person, the first time.
Castle Hill Medical Centre, The Mall offers
Pre-Employment Medical Assessments
We have an established Workplace Health Services Team that can take care of your workforce’s occupational wellbeing. The services can be tailored to meet your unique needs and industry.
Mental health support services
Our employee wellbeing program is provided by qualified psychologists and Hypnotherapist/Counsellor.
Injury management services
Despite our best attempts to prevent it, workplace accidents do happen. Our multi disciplined team at our practices treats a wide range of injuries during opening hours with no appointment required.
Specialised Medical Assessments and Examinations (NEW)
We now provide evaluations that extend beyond standard medical examinations to cater to the distinct health needs of individuals involved in specialised occupations or pursuits.
From aviation and dive medicine to cardiac risk evaluations for high-risk sports and rigorous pack assessments for emergency responders, these tests ensure that individuals are physically capable of engaging safely in their selected activities.
Our Workplace Health Services Information Kit is also available for download
We offer extensive medical assessments and services to help assess and manage risk, ranging from standard to comprehensive.
We have introduced the latest technology called Pemelo, our online pre-employment platform which streamlines the pre-employment process and complies with Privacy Laws relating to the transmission of sensitive medical information.
- Musculoskeletal assessments – available with our onsite physiotherapists
- Audiograms* – to Australian Standards AS/NZS 1269:4:2005. We also offer on-site hearing test service.
*From 1 January 2024, the NSW Government will commence Clause 58 “Audiometric testing” of the NSW WHS Regulation 2017.
Click here for more information.
- Instant drug and alcohol testing – to Australian Standards AS4308:2008 and AS 3547:1997 with checks for adulterants and tampering
- Immunisations – Q fever and Hepatitis immunisations. Screening to check immunity is also available.
Hepatitis B vaccinations are recommended to those whose occupations increase their risk of acquiring it, including:
-Plumbers or other people working with untreated sewage
-Armed forces personnel
-Police and emergency workers
- Onsite influenza vaccinations (seasonal) – Conducted at your workplace or at one of our centres.
- Rail Assessments, Category 1, 2 and 3 – An accredited DHM pathology is also located inside Castle Mall for chain of custody drug screens so the assessment can be done all at the one place.
- Colour Vision Screening. We can conduct Ishihara or colour vision tests as part of our pre-employment services for employers. This test establishes if the candidate has any colour deficiencies. A referral for further colour vision assessments can be organised if required.
- Executive medicals for your key personnel – Extensive health assessments provide your company the opportunity to support your key people’s health and wellbeing.
We have onsite x-ray, physiotherapy and pathology services and other Allied Health services available.
Mental Health Support Services
Prioritising workplace mental health is crucial for employee wellbeing, productivity and overall organizational success. We offer an employee wellbeing program specifically designed for employees who feel they are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
This is provided by qualified psychologists and Hypnotherapist/Counsellor.
Note: Fully confidential service is available too – Please enquire for more information.
This program entitles employees to one or more sessions with one of your CHMC resident psychologists at no cost to the employees. This service provided by the employer can be entirely anonymous if preferred and no referral from a doctor is required.
Your Clinical Hypnotherapist and Counsellor, Kerry Ellis, offers one-hour sessions held online or in-person (either at our Marsden Park clinic or at your workplace).
The wellbeing program includes, but are not limited to:
- Psychoeducation and suitable mental health topics
- Stress/anxiety reduction techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- Group bonding activities (only available with Kerry Ellis)
Specialised Medical Assessments and Examinations
The following services are now available:
- Aviation Medicals (CASA class 1-3).
- Dive Medical (Professional, recreational, decompression chamber divers are welcomed).
- HUET Medical (Helicopter Underwater Emergency Training).
- Parachute Medical (HALO, Free- fall and static line).
- Hypobaric Chamber and Hypoxic training for aviators/ parachutists.
- Cardiac Risk assessment before participating in high-risk sports activities (Are you interested in Antarctic exploration/ Space X?).
- Rural Fire Service Arduous Pack Test Medical.
- Medical clearance for participating in sports activities after injuries.
- Combat Sports Medical Clearance.
Injury Management Services
Despite our best attempts to prevent it, injuries and accidents do happen at workplaces. The Sports & Injury Clinic at our medical practice allow you to bypass the emergency room with access to urgent diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of injuries.
Our multidisciplined team treats a wide range of injuries during opening hours with no appointment required. Avoid emergency room wait times, and access direct imaging, specialist referrals, nursing care pain relief, and medical treatment by our expert team – when it’s needed the most.
For more information and/or to make an appointment for pre-employment medicals/Mental health support services, please contact our Workplace Health Services Team at 02 8865 0633 or 02 9634 5000 (press 4); or email firstname.lastname@example.org