Please be informed that from 29 September 2022, the Castle Hill Respiratory Clinic will no longer be offering COVID-19 Swab Test services.
CHMC will continue to offer COVID-19 vaccine appointments but these will now only be available at CHMC Barwell Avenue.
Updated COVID-19 booster shots
Moderna bivalent vaccine will be available at CHMC Barwell Ave from 17 October 2022.
- The Moderna bivalent vaccine can be used as an alternative vaccine for any booster dose in people aged 18 years or older, according to the current ATAGI recommendations for booster doses.
- ATAGI have made no changes to the current booster recommendations and is not advising any extra booster doses beyond the second booster dose (fourth dose) in selected populations.
- Booster doses of COVID-19 vaccine should be given at least 3 months after the most recent COVID-19 vaccine dose or previous SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Eligible individuals can receive Moderna bivalent or the original vaccines (various brands) whichever is available to them.
- Coadministration of Moderna bivalent vaccine with other non-COVID vaccines is acceptable, as per current ATAGI clinical guidance.
- The Moderna bivalent vaccine is not recommended for the primary course of vaccination (first two doses in most people or first three doses in severely immunocompromised people).
- ATAGI does not currently recommend use of the Moderna bivalent vaccine as a booster in anyone under 18 years as it is not registered for this age group.
Long COVID treatment now available at CHMC The Mall
We’re pleased to share that Dr Ahmad Mir is now offering long COVID treatment at CHMC The Mall.
Most people with COVID-19 will recover completely within a few weeks, however, some people may develop long COVID. Symptoms of long COVID can last for weeks or sometimes months, and include:
- extreme fatigue (tiredness)
- shortness of breath, heart palpitations, chest pain or tightness
- problems with memory and concentration
- changes to taste and smell
- joint and muscle pain
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms, manage and cope with your conditions by speaking with Dr Ahmad Mir today.
Click here to learn more about long COVID.
Castle Hill Medical Centre Team