We are very pleased to share the recent opening of our new medical centre, Castle Hill Medical Centre Barwell, to meet the growing demand for quality healthcare services in The Hills. Our state-of-the-art facilities, quality medical practitioners, and preventative health strategies make us a preferred choice for patient services.
GOOD NEWS IS MEANT TO BE SHARED.
Like and follow Barwell on Facebook at @chmcbarwell for all the latest updates. Share important healthcare information with your family and friends so that they don’t miss out on the latest preventative health discussions!
LETS SHAKE OFF COVID FATIGUE.
With lockdown lifting and the cold season passing, now is a good time to review your overall wellbeing. When was the last time you had a general health check up, or skin cancer screening? You may have discovered some ailments through lockdown, or you’re keen to start a new fitness routine or diet. Whatever the reason, please take the time to come and visit us to see what services we can provide for you.
ARE YOU IMMUNOCOMPROMISED?
The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has recently released statement recommending a third dose of COVID-19 vaccine as part of the primary course in individuals who are severely immunocompromised.
The third dose aims to maximise your level of immune response to as close as possible to the general population. The recommended interval for the third dose is between 2 to 6 months after the second dose of your vaccine.
Immunocompromising conditions for which third primary dose of COVID-19 vaccine is recommended:
• Active haematological malignancy
• Non-haematological malignancy with current active treatment including chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and/or hormonal therapy, but excluding immunotherapy with immune checkpoint inhibitors
• Solid organ transplant with immunosuppressive therapy
• Haematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) recipients or chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) therapy within 2 years of transplantation.
• Immunosuppressive therapies
• Primary immunodeficiency
• Advanced or untreated HIV with CD4 counts
• Long term haemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis
Click here to find out more: Third dose of COVID-19 vaccine recommended for people who are severely immunocompromised
VACCINES AVAILABLE FOR 12 TO 15 YEAR OLDS
On behalf of our growing teams, we thank you for your loyalty and trust in us, and we are honoured to be a part of your life’s health journey.